Saturday, September 20, 2003

'God, country, pageant, family'

Miss Mississippi, Allison Kellogg, sometimes goes by the nickname Special K, for the cereal made by the Kellogg family, to which she is distantly related. She wanted to know if she should use the nickname onstage.

"She comes up to me," Jessica says.

"She's so naive; it's adorable," Lou-Lou says.

"I'm like, 'Ugh. I don't know if it's such a good idea -- that's a drug,' " Jessica says.

(Ketamine, to be exact. A horse tranquilizer, used at raves.)

Jessica and Lou-Lou think this is a hilarious story. Think of the possibilities!

"My middle name is 'Ecstasy,' " suggests Lou-Lou.

They think Miss Mississippi's innocence is sweet.


I'm not sure if I'm a winter or not. (Great snarky story on Miss America; parts of it read like something from "Shoe and Marriage.") Is Miss America just one big consensual fantasy, a hallucination, a non-fevered dream (no sweating, makes your make-up run)? This has got to be the point of intersection for Intersubjective Magic and Stage Magic Fiction. Or something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home